Health and Safety inspections are undertaken at all hostels on a weekly basis and monthly at all general needs, self-contained blocks. If you would like to help our Maintenance Operatives undertake the monthly health and safety inspections please speak to the H&S rep for your location.
The Health and safety reps for each location are as follows:
Townsend House and Hepburn Court - Denise Huether (based at Townsend House)
Conway House - Judy McCollin
Bethany House - Monika Lesniewska and Bobi Nenadic
St Louise - tbc. Please currently report any issues to the reception team.
General Needs - George Tranda and Tracey O’Donnell-Dee (based at head office)
Timetable of Events for Bethany House Residents:
- Feast! - Tuesdays in the communal lounge, from 5.30pm (weekly)
- Groundswell - Tuesdays (fortnightly) in the communal lounge.Check your communal noticeboards and reception display screen for the time and date of the next session.
- SHP - attend monthly. Check your communal noticeboards and reception display screen for the time and date of the next session
- Bridging the Gap - Tuesdays (monthly.) Check your communal noticeboards and reception display screen for the time and date of the next session.
- Hair and nails with Laura and Gosia - Fridays (monthly.) Check your communal noticeboards and reception display screen for the time and date of the next session.
- Me, Myself, My Future - Fridays. Attend quarterly throughout the year. Check your communal noticeboards and reception display screen for the time and date of the next session
- The Maya Centre Counselling service, for women, provide a satellite service one day per week. Please speak to your Key Worker if you wish to be referred.
- The communal opportunities board is regularly updated with local opportunities/job vacancies and courses - make sure you check it at least once a week.
- Tesco Metro (Islington Green) collections every Friday.
- Tesco Metro (Caledonian Road) collections every Tuesday.
- Weekly donations of anything from fresh produce and frozen meals to daily essentials like toothpaste.
- The Bethany House gardening project, for the small courtyard, is underway. We are encouraging all residents to take part and be involved in making the space a great place for planting and growing fruit, vegetables and herbs. If you want to get involved please speak to your Project Worker or reception team.
Upcoming workshops and activities are also advertised in Bethany House so keep a look out for posters and on the reception display screen.
If you have any ideas and suggestions for activities, groups, or events at Bethany House or you have any questions about existing events and activities you can email them to the Resident Inclusion Team at BH.RIT@sih.org . It’s a great way to be involved even if you can’t make it to the event!
Timetable of Events for Conway House Residents:
- Monthly residents' meetings - see posters within hostel for dates.
- Weekly 'Everyday computer skills' workshop - Tuesday afternoons.
- Weekly 'Tai Chi' class - Thursday afternoons.
- Weekly alternative therapy drop in sessions with Monica - Wednesday mornings.
- Please also check the Training and Resource Centre TRC timetable for information on lots of other activities such as yoga, art classes and the gardening club.
- Gail's Bakery (West End Lane) collections on Thursdays.
- Greggs (Kilburn High Road) collections on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Feast! - free meal every Thursday from 6pm in the TRC
- We understand that due to work commitments many of our general needs residents find it hard to attend resident surgeries during the day. We are therefore looking into alternative options for group-wide communication. If you have any suggestions please contact email@example.com
Timetable of Events for Hepburn Court:
- Health visitor attends every first Tuesday of the month.
- Regular house meetings, every six weeks. Check your communal noticeboards for upcoming dates.
St Eugene Court
- A resident surgery is held in the onsite office at St Eugene Court. This is a drop in service for 1-to-1 meetings with the area Housing Officer. Dates for all upcoming surgeries can be found on the communal noticeboards.
Timetable of Events for Townsend House Residents:
- Every 6 weeks – Residents' meeting with hot snacks provided. For every resident meeting held, Townsend House invite guest speakers ranging from local charity organisations, sexual health advisors, domestic violence workers and Job Centre representatives.
- Monthly activities, such as quizzes and Bingo, in the communal lounge. Check the communal notice board for the next event.
- Monthly donations from KFC via Food Donations Connection
- Townsend House also receive donations from Gratitude. Speak to your key worker to find out when the next donation will be arriving.
- The communal job board is regularly updated with local opportunities/job vacancies and courses - make sure you remember to check it at least once a week.
- Building Better Opportunities, once a week for 1 hour, starting 11th December 2018. Short programme with different topics including CV’s, job searching, interviews etc, with end goal to enrol on a programme to find work/opportunites.