Conway House Training and Resource Centre (TRC)
The Training Resource Centre (TRC) provides an environment where residents can increase their skills and experience in a number of areas. Staff provide basic coaching in IT, help with writing CV's and completing on line job searches and applications.
Residents can also participate in practical classes including computer skills, maths classes, Tai chi and learning about healthy eating on a budget and cooking meals as a group.
As part of confidence building, residents are encouraged to engage in physical exercise and TRC staff organise and lead trips to local sports centres. Recently, residents have participated in gym and swimming sessions as well as a 4-week outdoor ‘Boot Camp’.
Current course timetable:
- Breakfast Club with SHP Peer Mentors 11am - 12pm. Full English breakfast, pay £1 in advance.
- 1:1 Education Training Employment (ETE) Training with Sarah. Please book via your key worker.
- Gardening Club with SHP Peer Mentors 11am - 1pm
- IT skills and gadget clinic - drop in 1:1 sessions, with Camden Adult Community Learning Tutors Tracey and Carlos: 2.00pm - 4.30pm
- 1:1 Acupuncture and holistic therapy sessions, open to all: 10am-2pm. Speak to Sarah to book in advance. OPEN TO ALL
- CGL Drug and Alcohol Recovery Group and 1:1 appointments – 11am - 12pm. OPEN TO ALL.
- Ta Chi with Nik: 2pm – 3.30pm
- FEAST cook & dine sessions: every Thursday: 5.30pm - 8.00pm
- · Smoothie Club with Groundswell Health Peer Advocates 1-3pm