Privacy and Cookies
Sapphire Independent Housing is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information, by which you can be identified, when using this website you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sapphire Independent Housing may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on the 17 January 2018.
What we collect
- Your name
- Postal address
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Any special needs you may have, e.g. if you have a disability for repairs access
We collect the following information via our online resident satisfaction surveys:
Maintenance and gas inspection surveys:
- Your name
- Postal address
- Email address
Ongoing services and Before you leave surveys:
These surveys are anonymous and therefore we do not ask for your name, specific room number/flat address or contact details. However, we do ask for the following information to allow us to analyse responses:
- Scheme/block name
None of the data that you supply via the contact form will be stored on this website or website CMS.
Note: We may also collect data such as your email address if you decide to contact us by email.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to enable us to contact you in regards to a repair/compliment, complaint or suggestion or to enable us to understand any potential trends or patterns in regards to feedback via our satisfaction surveys.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We store all contact data securely and only for the period of time that it is actually needed.
What is a Cookie?
The IOC describe a cookie like this.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, e.g. remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
This site will deploy a single Session Cookie named Wire. This cookie is created by the CMS (Content Management System) and has the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. This cookie does not need consent from the subscriber or from the user.
Session cookies do not collect information from the user's computer, they typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user. A transient cookie is not stored on your hard drive but is only stored in temporary memory that is erased when the browser is closed.
Sapphire Independent Housing does not use website tracking tools, i.e. we do not use third party tools such as Google Analytics.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This website’s server
This website is hosted by United Hosting within a UK data centre located just outside London.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- 3m rota-spike security fence and perimeter anti ram barriers
- Blast proof anti-intruder shielded external windows and doors
- Proximity access locks on all external and internal doors
- Interlocked man-trap doors with biometric iris scanners to gain access into data floors
- Server cabinets have locked doors (no open racks)
- Perimeter and internal IP CCTV system monitored 24×7
- 24×7 on-site security guards with static and mobile patrols
- All on-site personnel are security vetted to BS7858 standard
- Only authorised security cleared staff are allowed into the facility
Full details of United Hosting’s data centre can be found here.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email to email@example.com us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Links to third party Privacy Policies.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Flickr: https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/products/flickr/index.htm
- Google: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- Snap Surveys: https://www.snapsurveys.com/survey-software/privacy-policy-uk/