Service Standards and Residents' Charter
Sapphire's Service Standards
At Sapphire Independent Housing we want to ensure that we offer the best possible customer service. We have developed these standards so that you know what you can expect from us. If you have any ideas on how we can improve our service we would love to hear from you.
- When you phone us we will answer the phone quickly and greet you in a friendly and professional manner
- When you leave a message for one of our staff we will aim to return calls within 24 hours although occasionally it may take longer to fully deal with queries.
- We will acknowledge emails and letters within three working days. If for any reason the query is taking longer we will let you know the expected timescale
- We will carry out repairs within the target times published
- Emergencies----- within 24 hours
- Urgent-------------- within 7 days
- Routine------------- within 28 days
- We will always try and resolve complaints at first point of contact
- We will respond to all reports of anti social behaviour
- We will provide information on how you can get involved with us
- We will hold an annual residents conference
- We will send all residents a newsletter 4 times a year
- We will respect your privacy and personal information will only be kept on file or disclosed to others in line with Data Protection legislation
- We will ensure our staff are trained to provide you with the highest possible service
- We will treat everyone fairly, professionally and with respect.
Sapphire's Resident Charter
Sapphire's Residents’ Charter is our service promise to you. We want to make sure you get the best experience as a Sapphire resident and service user, and we are dedicated to providing excellent services, which are shaped by you.
Our Residents’ Charter sets out how we deliver these services and what you can expect from our staff and services.
As a resident and user of our service, there are certain things that you can expect:
- Be treated fairly and with respect
- Be offered advice and support
- Be in a non threatening environment
- Receive help and advice on claiming benefits
- Receive referral to specialist agencies, as required
- Receive advice and assistance on employment and training options, if required
- Receive resettlement advice and signposting, as required
- Have your enquiries responded to quickly and efficiently
- Be encouraged to get involved in resident activities across the Association
- Have access to a variety of cultural and leisure activities
- Be encouraged to provide your feedback on the way services are provided
This is what you should expect from our staff:
- Be courteous to all, by greeting everyone in a welcoming manner
- If they cannot handle your enquiry straight away, they will advise you when, and who, will deal with your query
- Listen to what you have to say in a positive and inclusive manner
- Communicate with all residents and visitors with patience, empathy, respect and dignity
Please remember that Sapphire staff have rights too. Under no circumstances do we expect any of our staff to tolerate threats, harassment, racist or sexist comments and/or verbal or physical abuse.